The Gusen Memorial Committee (GMC) is a registered Austrian association (Reg. No. 956593891) that is dedicated to:
- the advancement of science-based research and the didactical mediating of the history of the former national socialist concentration camp complex St. Georgen-Gusen-Mauthausen.
- the advancement of the perpetuation of the remembrance of the tens of thousands of victims of the former KZ Gusen I. II & III concentration camps.
- the Support of KZ Gusen survivors in need.
Thus, typical activities of the GMC are:
- care for survivors and liberators, and their relatives, and other groups of visitors.
- support and care to relevant research work and projects.
- collection and provision of archival material.
- historical research in archives.
- editing of publications.
- guiding tours (to the remnants of the former KZ Gusen concentration camps).
- organization of commemorations at KZ Gusen remnants.
- organization of discussions and informative meetings.
- social Meetings.
- participation in specific conferences
- support of GMC members to fund the activities mentioned above.
The GMC is also member in the following other NGOs:
- Plattform Johann Gruber
- Bewusstseinsregion Mauthausen-Gusen-St. Georgen
- Österreichische Freunde von Yad Vashem
- Mauthausen Komitee Österreich
Find more about our many activities also at:
As Austrian NGO we are proud on the following international awards and official acknowledgements for our decades of research and remembrance work on the former KL Gusen complex of concentration camps: